Sunday, March 8, 2009

Four talks for International Women's Day

The sun's setting on International Women's Day here on the east coast of the United States, but here's a great collection of speeches by powerful women from around the world to honor the day. These come to us courtesy of the social-media blog Mashable, which pointed me to TED--the technology, education and design conference--for its blog post highlighting speeches by four outstanding women: author and activist Isabel Allende, Nigerian finance minister Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, scientist Nalini Nadkarni and singer Nellie McKay. What's exciting for speakers hoping to follow in their footsteps: You can see video of each speaker and find what you can borrow from her technique. Want to speak about women's issues? The International Women's Day website offers facts and figures about the state of women's lives around the world.

1 comment:

Aji said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.