- Not everyone uses your slide program. Shocking, perhaps, but true. You'll reach a wider audience for this reason alone.
- You'll bring more people "into the room." For absent friends, a video presentation of your slides can help you get your points across directly.
- Let your viewers be lazy. Video advances the slides for them. What could be more appealing in a busy day? You're removing one more barrier to the presentation being seen.
- Speak to the people. Video comes with audio narration options, which adds another dimension.
- It's the gift that keeps on giving. Users can watch your presentation more than once, or share it with their friends if you upload it to YouTube or a similar site. Even if your presentation is only for internal consumption, you can put the video on a shared drive for viewing company-wide.
- Online video is the strongest social media trend, which means any networked speaker should be taking advantage of it. More than 80 percent of Internet users are watching short videos these days, clearly making it the place you want to be.
- You'll find an audience you didn't know you had. Sharing your presentation with a video will make it available to viewers you couldn't anticipate. What if one of them is your future boss, a potential donor or investor, or someone who can introduce you to a new world of contacts?
Want more? Sign up for the free monthly newsletter, Step Up Your Speaking, which focuses on one speaking skill or issue each month. Then join The Eloquent Woman on Facebook, a vibrant community that gets to discuss these topics before they appear on the blog; or contact me about your public speaking training and coaching needs. Most of the popular articles listed here started as threads on the Facebook page. Thanks for reading and participating!