If you're a longtime reader of this blog, you know I recommend the Kindle e-book reader for speakers. Kindle books are easy to purchase right from the device, but this year, you can select a particular book and email it to your recipient.
Your friend might like a Kindle to go with that book--after all, it can hold her books on quotations, speeches and speaking techniques, and even her notes or speech itself (you can email documents to the device, and read from it even in direct sunlight). But she doesn't need a Kindle to read Kindle e-books: Amazon has free apps for mobile devices and computers. Best of all, there are plenty of Kindle books about speeches and public speaking. Here are a few that demonstrate the range of options you'll find:
- The Presentation Secrets of Steve Jobs : How to Be Insanely Great in Front of Any Audience
- A Call to Conscience: The Landmark Speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 21 Speeches That Shaped Our World
- 50 of President Ronald Reagan's Most Important Speeches from 1957 to 1994: Formatted for the Kindle
- An American Story: The Speeches of Barack Obama: A Primer
- Confessions of a Public Speaker
- Public Speaking in an Instant: 60 Ways to Stand Up and Be Heard
Related posts: Why speakers should take a second look at the new Kindle e-book reader
Go here to subscribe to Step Up Your Speaking, my free email newsletter that looks at a different speaking topic in depth each month...then become a fan of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook and join the conversation with thousands of other women (and men) about public speaking skills and confidence.