- Talk more: You already know that the idea that women speak more than men is a myth. Here's a look at a recent piece of research distorted in media coverage to keep that myth alive.
- Take the chair: These quick tips on better ways to lead a meeting will help you chair your next session. [LINK CORRECTED]
- Don't fear the speech: If giving a great speech is one of your goals, but you're too anxious to pull it off, read these tips on how to overcome the anxiety that's keeping you from reaching your goals.
- Your mind is on your speech: Check out this fascinating look at how your brain controls speech.
- Speechwriting conference discount: I'm giving the closing keynote at the spring Leadership & Communication Conference of the European Speechwriter Network and the UK Speechwriters Guild, which attracts speechwriters and speaking pros from the UK, Europe, the U.S. and beyond. The meeting takes place 15-17 May, and readers of The Eloquent Woman will get a 10 percent discount by registering with the code "Eloquent Woman." Will I see you there?
- About the quote: Find inspiring quotes like this one on my Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
Monday, March 25, 2013
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see these good reads, resources and ideas from other sources that I post there, in addition to posts from the blog. I'm summarizing that extra content every week and putting it here on the blog. Here are the finds I shared in the week just past: