- Words for speakers to live by: "Sometimes good enough is fabulous."
- Speaking treasure trove: Voices of Democracy is devoted to the study of speeches and debates, with texts, curriculum materials and more.
- Talk about leaning in: Guess what? Women are more likely to seek leadership roles if they're in an environment that lets them be authentic, including speaking authentically.
- A fiery speech about a fire: March 25 was the anniversary of the 1911 Triangle Factory fire in New York City, so I shared our Famous Speech Friday post on labor activist Rose Schneidermann's fiery speech taking the audience to task for neglecting the needs of the garment workers who were killed.
- Speechwriting conference discount: I'm giving the closing keynote at the spring Leadership & Communication Conference of the European Speechwriter Network and the UK Speechwriters Guild, which attracts speechwriters and speaking pros from the UK, Europe, the U.S. and beyond. The meeting takes place 15-17 May, and readers of The Eloquent Woman will get a 10 percent discount by registering with the code "Eloquent Woman." Will I see you there?
- About the quote: Audrey Hepburn tips you off to what audiences want in a speaker. From my Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers.
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you.