- We all like to think that if we choose the right words, we'll be persuasive in our speaking. But the psychology of your listener also plays a role in why some words are more persuasive than others.
- Queen bee or mother hen? Those are popular cultural stereotypes of women in business. Glass Hammer blog has a great look at these contradictory images of professional women.
- Fears and how to beat them: A frequent speaker writes a moving essay about empathy and the fear of being exposed, and how to beat your fears--not just in public speaking, but very relevant to speakers.
- Add your voice to your speaker image, since the sound of your voice may well determine how you are perceived.
- About the quote: Another good reminder from my board of quotes for public speakers on Pinterest.
Monday, April 29, 2013
Readers who are fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see these good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. Want to keep up with them? Here are the finds I shared in the week just past: