- Around the water cooler, Hello Ladies blog is finding that Sheryl Sandberg's is making it easier for women to speak up at work about gender issues.
- Strike a pose, but make it a confident one. Here's another look at how a confident stance helps lower stress and boost confidence, two things every speaker needs.
- Get out those pictures of yourself speaking: Research shows that young women do better at public speaking if they can just see a photo of a prominent woman public speaker. We can all be role models in this way.
- Practice makes...: In You play like you practice, you can borrow from a sports metaphor that could extend to your speaking. Are you practicing in the way you mean to speak?
- Keep your eye on this commencement speech: Spelman College has selected twins Kirstie and Kristie Bronner as its co-valedictorians.
- About the quote: Aung San Suu Kyi's "Freedom from Fear" speech pinpointed the emotion that undermines people under the scourge of power. Read the Famous Speech Friday post on this wonderful speech here.
Monday, May 13, 2013
The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see these good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. You can keep up with the pack right here, with the finds I shared in the week just past: