- Booking book authors: Are you a book author? WomenAuthorSpeakers is working to connect women book authors with audiences that need speakers.
- An ambitious bunch of speakers: I asked the Facebook readers what their next public speaking goals were, and heard back "standing ovation" and "more speaking gigs!"
- Yeah, I was surprised, too: A new study of language use in business meetings suggests that using the word "yeah" will make you more persuasive to your colleagues.
- Star speakers: Last week, I blogged about how I'm preparing to chair an international speechwriters' conference in Brussels, and shared the roster of top speakers I'll be sharing the stage with. There's still time to register.
- About the quote: This quote is my favorite metaphor for women and speaking. Please share it!
Monday, August 12, 2013
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
The Keys to Confident Public Speaking is a half-day workshop I'm offering October 17--but you get a great discount if you register early.