- What's on your public speaking wish list? That's what I asked readers on Facebook, and I think keeping a wish list is a great way to set goals for yourself as a speaker. What's on your wish list?
- How to be a powerful woman: Find out in this series of short films from the BBC Woman's Hour. It's a great way to get pep talks at your desk.
- Still sounds good: Hillary Clinton's famous UN speech, declaring "women's rights are human rights," took place 18 years ago last week, so we shared the Famous Speech Friday post about it--it's still the most-read post on this blog. And in honor of Diana Nyad achieving her dream of swimming from Cuba to Florida, accomplished last week, we shared the FSF post of her TEDMED talk. It describes what that swim is like, and how she dealt with the earlier defeats and failed attempts.
- Crickets no more: Ragan Communications published my post on what speakers should do if no one asks a question.
- About the quote: This stirring quote comes from Liberia's president. You can find more like it on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
I've got two smart workshops for communicators this fall: Be an Expert on Working with Experts on October 8, or The Keys to Confident Public Speaking on October 17. Join us and register today!