- Huh. A new study suggests that "Huh?" is a near-universally recognized one-syllable word.
- Get your Gettysburg Address on: There's still time to practice for November 19, when citizens are encouraged to recite Abraham Lincoln's Gettysburg Address on its 150th anniversary--and it's hoped you'll make and post a video of yourself doing so. Get details and the text here.
- Change agent? Seth Godin thinks every presentation has just one purpose: to make change happen. "If all you're hoping for is to survive the ordeal, or to amuse and delight the crowd, then you're not making a presentation, you're simply an entertainer, or worse, wasting people's time."
- Storyteller: The story you tell yourself is the first step toward being powerful...
- Free help: Nancy Duarte has turned her book Resonate into a free multimedia resource. Grab it now.
- About the quote: If you're going to do self-talk about your public speaking, do it this way.
Monday, November 18, 2013
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: