- Making bias seeable: The Glass Hammer blog looks at gender bias that's coded and undercover--call it second generation gender bias. A smart read for the workplace.
- Storytelling science: Why does storytelling matter? There's a science behind it, and how it impacts your audience.
- Beyond leaning in: Among the ideas that shaped management in 2013: "Leaning in will only get you so far."
- The best kind of speaking up: These videos from the American Bar Association will help you negotiate better compensation.
- Great resources and role models: Did you miss our year-end roundup of the most-read Famous Speech Friday posts of 2013 and the blog's top public speaking tips of the year?
- About the quote: Read more about Sister Simone Campbell's "nuns on the bus" tour to highlight the impact of budget cuts on poverty and social services in our Famous Speech Friday post.
Monday, December 30, 2013
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: