- What does the host say? Hosting the Oscars is "terrifying." Just ask Ellen DeGeneres, who made it a challenge to herself.
- Ready for your closeup: If you're Skyping or having another type of webcam meeting, look for the triangle to make sure you look better.
- It's all adrenaline: The best way to channel your public speaking fears? Get excited.
- Bag it: The Facebook post on my post about handbagging and women speakers has a couple of extras: Pictures of the handbags of Margaret Thatcher and Susan B. Anthony.
- Big step: If speaking is one of your fears, check out the advice in Get out of your comfort zone: A guide for the terrified.
- Meet me in Oxford: I'll be reporting Wednesday on what happened in my workshop Be The Eloquent Woman, which debuted last week in Washington. Seats are still available for the next session, taking place 2 April in Oxford UK. Find registration details here.
- About the quote: Meryl Streep gave this loving tribute to Emma Thompson at an awards ceremony, and her speech made it into The Eloquent Woman Index. Find more great quotes from eloquent women on our Pinterest board.
Monday, March 3, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
Posted by Denise Graveline at Monday, March 03, 2014