- Be succinct: Before you lose your audience, try mastering the fine art of getting to the point.
- Scared? Join the club: Author Elizabeth Gilbert shared her nervousness just hours before speaking at TED. A worthy read.
- Where we started: If you're a company founder, or just a smart employee, you need to know how to tell your company's story.
- A word to omit: In "'Just' Say No," a look at an apologetic word you can drop for stronger impact when you speak.
- The eyes have it: Ruth Nasrullah shares tips on eye contact in this Toastmasters International podcast, including how the eye-contact rules vary from culture to culture.
- About the quote: A little reminder from our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers.
Monday, March 24, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: