On May 15, I'm bringing Be The Eloquent Woman back to Washington, DC. It's a subversive new workshop that helps women executives and public officials learn how women speakers are perceived and how to turn those expectations on their heads with confidence, content and credibility. Among the topics we'll cover are:
- How to determine your speaking style and work with it to become a more authentic speaker;
- Handling speaking fears and why, for women, it might not just be about anxiety, but about how you are perceived;
- Preparing a "message wardrobe" so you can have content ready for almost any speaking task;
- Using a message so you can speak with or without notes, briefly or at length; and
- How to get more and better opportunities to speak.