- Meeting maven? Learn how to run your meeting like a boss, with advice from Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, among others.
- For speakers on the move: Do you share presentations on a mobile device? LinkedIn announced some new mobile features for SlideShare presentations.
- Role model rules: Bloomberg anchor Stephanie Ruhle talks about how she stopped a sexist remark about her in progress on live TV.
- Get ready, Amsterdam: The European Speechwriter Network has asked me to bring the Be The Eloquent Woman workshop on women and public speaking to Amsterdam in October as one of its pre-conference workshops. Details to come, but I'm excited to move this lively and subversive session into Europe.
- I'm frowning: In The facial expression that makes you feel smarter, this bit of research wisdom: "The study finds that when judging men just on their facial appearance, there was a relationship with actual intelligence. But when it came to women, there was no relationship between how intelligent people were perceived and how intelligent they actually were. The authors speculate that this is because women are primarily judged on their attractiveness and this swamped any judgements about intelligence." Thanks a bunch.
- About the quote: This wisdom from Malcolm X and more like it can be found on our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
Monday, April 28, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: