- Hanging back, for a reason: Words I hope to regret someday: I'm glad that I didn't give a technical talk is a must-read for academics and conference organizers. A different perspective on why women don't want to be speakers.
- For starters, don't steal her stuff: How not to introduce a speaker has great tips. I hope you aren't guilty of these tactics.
- Networking smarts: The loaded meaning behind 'What do you do?' looks at regional differences in how people say hello.
- About the quote: For you doubtful speakers, from our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
- This week, I'm welcoming another group of women to a session of Be The Eloquent Woman in Washington, DC, where we practice ways to subvert expectations of women speakers with confidence, content and credibility.
Monday, May 12, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: