- Negotiator for others? A new study says women aren't great at negotiating raises for themselves--but do fine if they're bargaining for others.
- No pressure for this headline: Even great presentations don't get this one detail right says the title of your talk is among its most important components.
- Wait a minute: Want to know how to stop people from interrupting in meetings? Tips here from a female executive who advises advance work.
- About the quote: Singer-songwriter Taylor Swift on speaking up, from our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
- First look: The European Speechwriter Network autumn conference--one of my favorite professional development opportunities--will take place in October in Amsterdam. De Burcht, the jewel-like setting shown below, will be our conference venue. I'll be leading one of three pre-conference workshops, another edition of Be The Eloquent Woman, my workshop on women and public speaking. Registration details will be available in June.
Monday, May 19, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: