- Negotiation smarts: When dealing with difficult people, focus on your goals. You may not be able to change the person, but you have a shot at changing the outcome.
- No surprise: A new study says your leadership potential--including your chances for promotion--are primarily tied to your communications skills and executive presence.
- Share yourself: Showing vulnerability takes real courage--and it's one of the best ways to connect with an audience.
- Amsterdam, anyone? I'm leading my 'Be The Eloquent Woman' day-long workshop in October in Amsterdam, as a pre-conference session at the European Speechwriters Network conference. Please join me--and share this subversive workshop opportunity with friends and colleagues.
- About the quote: Needs no explanation. Just do it! From our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers.
Monday, June 23, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: