- Fortunately, speakers have plenty: Here, some novel tips on how to use self-doubt to your advantage.
- Get news: Have you signed up for my free monthly newsletter, Speakers & Communicators?
- Solid structure: Prezi experts share tips on how to structure your presentation.
- Birthday speakers: Last week saw the birthdays of UK television executive Elisabeth Murdoch, whose Famous Speech Friday turn took her own industry to task...and distance swimmer Diana Nyad, whose FSF came from her TEDMED talk on being defeated by her biggest swim. Nyad will speak again at TEDMED this year, now that that swim has been completed.
- The vote is a voice: This week also marked the anniversary of the ratification of votes for women in the U.S. Read our FSF post on Susan B. Anthony's "Is it a crime for a U.S. citizen to vote?" While Anthony didn't live to see the vote come about for women, she began the battle because she was so often told she could not speak in public.
- About the quote: Savvy advice for eloquent women from one of the great female speechwriters--and our Pinterest board of great quotes for public speakers.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: