- Winning question: Harvard Business Review suggests that if you're at loggerheads with an opponent, you win them over by asking for advice. I always wonder whether this tactic makes women seem like they know less, feeding common misconceptions in the workplace. But the tactic does work.
- Spot the storyteller: This post about 7 signs of a storyteller was written for job interviewers--but you can cultivate these qualities for your own storytelling purposes.
- See me in London: I'll be in London speaking to the Fabian Women's Network on 30 October in Parliament, on what goes into a TED-quality talk. Please register at the link! I'm looking forward to joining this lively group again.
- This week's most-repeated coaching advice from me to speakers: SLOW DOWN. Really. Pauses, and a slower delivery, let us hear you and even add drama.
- About the quote: For the authentic eloquent woman, from our Pinterest board of quots for public speakers.
- As beauty does: We love actress Meryl Streep. Here, she talks about perceptions of beauty:
Monday, September 29, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: