Monday, November 17, 2014

The Eloquent Woman's weekly speaker toolkit

Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
  • The storytelling magnet: Why are we drawn to stories? Find out in The psychological comforts of storytelling.
  • Sage advice: Advice for my younger self, by an entrepreneur, notes, "I would urge my younger self to seek professional speaker training much earlier in her career. The benefits would have been huge."
  • For tech speakers: Two women in tech have started a newsletter, Technically Speaking, that has already featured The Eloquent Woman. In addition to news and tips on public speaking, they include calls for papers from conferences with codes of conduct.
  • News, here: Speaking of newsletters, have you signed up for my free monthly newsletter, Speakers & Communicators?
  • About the quote: Franklin Roosevelt's (of course) brief advice for public speakers.
I'm taking bookings for 1:1 coaching and group training in public speaking, presenting, and media interview skills for 2015. How can we work together? Email me at eloquentwoman AT gmail DOT com.

No comments: