Monday, December 1, 2014

The Eloquent Woman's weekly speaker toolkit

Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
  • Un-tie your tongue if you're a young woman in the workplace, and learn how to handle 'you're young enough to be my kid!' That was true for me, and I started my first senior management job at the age of 30. This is a good speaking-up muscle to build.
  • My wife is telling me to have drinks with other women, writes an organizer of conferences whose spouse suggests he expand his networks so he can find more women speakers. We agree!
  • Don't try to be a man, and other tips from women navigating the corporate world.
  • A change on the blog: I'm moving our usual Wednesday speaking tips posts to Thursdays, starting this week. And next week, you'll see the debut post in a new series, "Talk about the talk," in which I ask speakers with whom I've worked to write about the experience of giving a big talk.
  • About the quote: Don't let this be you, eloquent women!
If you found this post useful, please subscribe or make a one-time donation to help support the thousands of hours that go into researching and curating this content for you. 

No comments: