- Vocal power: Pitch and volume--but not the kind you might expect--are what's needed for you to sound more powerful. New research worth reading here.
- In the clutch: Ever sabotaged yourself to avoid public speaking? You know all too well the relationship between anxiety and performance.
- Less pie, please: People, please stop using pie charts tells you why (and how, if you insist on pie charts, to use them wisely).
- Did you miss last week's posts? I launched a new first-person series from speakers called Talk About the Talk with Caroline Goyder on her TEDxBrixton talk. Bonus: It's about speaking confidently. Famous Speech Friday highlighted researcher Sheena Iyengar on the art of choosing.
- About the quote: Why quotas matter for women speakers, from a CEO.
Monday, December 15, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: