- The road to becoming a speaker is more challenging, but not at all impossible. when you're the introvert on the podium.
- Why work is lonely looks at the "violent politeness" that keeps us from speaking up...and why, later, when we need to find our voices, we might not be able to do so.
- The storyteller's arc: Never learned how the arc of a story works? Try this animated look at the neurochemistry of empathy, storytelling, and the dramatic arc. This was especially popular with our Facebook page community.
- Did you miss...? The post on the best thing introverts can do 15 minutes before a talk really took off last week, as did our collection of 5 famous speeches by women candidates for U.S. president and vice-president. You get examples of legislative proposal speeches, a concession speech, and nominaton acceptances in this collection.
- About the quote: Emma Watson, speaking at the United Nations about equality for women.
Monday, December 8, 2014
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: