- Absence speaks: The Washington Post tallied how few think tanks in Washington put women on panels about Middle East policy. A thorough and bleak report. I'm glad somebody's keeping count!
- Slide right in there: Tech whiz David Pogue, at the end of this TED talk, shares easy ways for you to black out or white out your slides.
- I'd like to thank the Academy: My friend and fellow speechwriter Brian Jenner shared these tips for Oscar acceptance speeches last week in a BBC video.
- Davos-ity? At the recent World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, women were still few and far between.
- Did you miss....? Last week, I shared two exhibits that will let you get close to Lincoln's speeches, and Famous Speech Friday looked at a searing Charlotte Church speech about sexism in the music industry.
- Question time for public speakers is what we're calling my next speaking gig in London for Fabian Women's Network. This lively group always has lots of questions, so I'm taking all questions, all the time at this free April 9 event, open to members of the Network. Sign up here.
- About the quote: Speech wisdom from a great speechwriter, Peggy Noonan. On our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers.
Monday, February 23, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: