- One more big miss: The high-profile Consumer Electronics Show remains for men, by men. Read how few women speakers were involved.
- No more fixing: Why you should stop telling women they should be more confident, from Catalyst.
- Zoom science: If you like Prezi's zooming features, best get smart about which ones really work for your audience.
- Did you miss....? Not sure where to practice? Your car might be the public speaker's best practice cubicle. Last week, we also rounded up 29 famous speeches by black women to kick off Black History Month. Pass 'em around!
- New ebook: I'll have more about this on the blog on Thursday, but you can go ahead now and buy my new ebook, The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. It's just $3.99 and available in a variety of formats. Please read, review, and share with speakers and conference organizers!
- Sign up today: I'm doing a free webinar this week on Feb. 12 with the editors of Technically Speaking, called Public speaking scares me. Should I do it anyway? Sign up at the link.
- About the quote: Actress and legendary speaker coach Dorothy Sarnoff shares wisdom on ending your speech.
Monday, February 9, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past:
Posted by Denise Graveline at Monday, February 09, 2015