- Funny girl: Some insights from the people who translated Maysoon Zayid's very funny TED talk into 33 languages on how to retain humor in translation.
- Speak up! In No, women's voices are not easier to understand than men's voices, you get some myth-busting and straight talk about how we talk.
- Your personal coach: A new study shows that how you talk to yourself before something stressful like public speaking makes a difference in you confidence. And it's all in the pronouns.
- Did you miss....? Last week, our Famous Speech Friday featured Patricia Arquette's feminist Oscar speech and why she got our awkward history right, and I shared what's missing from you TED-like talk and what should be.
- About the quote: Why speaking is not like performing, according to Kelly Clarkson. From our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: