- Jump right in: Harvard Business Review looks at how to start a conversation you're dreading.
- Key notes: Frequent speaker Guy Kawasaki shares his insights on the art of the keynote.
- Hahahahaha: Humor's a special skill for speakers. Here, some tips on how to develop your sense of humor.
- Did you miss? Last week, Famous Speech Friday looked at Monica Lewinsky's recent TED talk, and we considered when to choose an interview format versus a formal speech. Use this the next time you're negotiating with an organizer.
- Listen in: The Executive Edge podcast interviewed me on women and speaking, speechwriting, and social media. This was particularly popular with my Facebook followers.
- About the quote: Actor Lupita Nyong'o gave a keynote about following your fear--including your fear of public speaking. Read the Famous Speech Friday post about this marvelous speech.
Monday, April 6, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: