- You're in charge: With a mix of solid tips and a little irreverence about this frequent speaking task, How to steer a conference call like a champ is for the calls where you're in charge.
- Dress for....Here's a thoughtful read about gender and fashion, and how we see men and women and what they wear--always a double-edged sword for women speakers.
- Speaking barriers: Moving past my embarrassment looks at one woman's effort to get past that feeling when speaking up.
- Did you miss? Last week, we shared another Talk About the Talk post from Lisa Lamkins's TED-style talk at the Align summit, and our Famous Speech Friday looked at Melissa Rivers's tribute to her mother, the late comic Joan Rivers, a post especially favored on Google+.
- About the quote: From our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers, a good breathing exercise for eloquent women.
Monday, May 25, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: