- A better way: A female academic calls out poor speaking practices (and audience behavior) at academic conferences in The Conference Manifesto. You'll enjoy this read.
- A better whiteboard: A new app "auto-tunes" your whiteboard drawings and turns them into proper charts. I think I've been dreaming of this.
- Best right before: I can attest from my coaching at TEDMED: You can get a lot done at the last minute. Here, TED's coach shares tips for right before you go on stage.
- It's a look: On the Moderating Panels blog, I shared Moderators, is that the way you look? Optics for panels.
- Did you miss? Last week, we shared Danielle George's Royal Institution Lecture for Famous Speech Friday, and 7 reframes and tactics to lose your fear of Q&A
- About the quote: From our Pinterest board of quotes for public speakers,
Monday, June 22, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: