- New twist on no women speakers: How heavy is a microphone? asked speakers' bureaus for insights on why women have trouble getting on the program.
- Insights from TED talks: TEDWomen included a session about the impact the talks have had on the speakers, with insights you can use to craft a great talk.
- Where does speaking come from? Writing and speaking skills come from different parts of the brain, new research shows.
- Did you miss? Last week, Famous Speech Friday looked at South Carolina Rep. Jenny Horne's passionate speech on legislation to remove the Confederate flag from the statehouse grounds, and shared a guest coach from TEDxBrixton speaker and coach Caroline Goyder on why you should feel the fear and film your talk, anyway. On the Moderating Panels blog, I shared a peek at Karen Catlin's post on the best panel ever. Moderation plays a big role in making panels "best."
- About the quote: True words for many speakers...
Monday, July 13, 2015
Fans of The Eloquent Woman on Facebook see links to good reads, resources and ideas from other sources there, in addition to posts from the blog. But you won't miss a thing, since I'm summarizing that extra content and putting it here on the blog for all readers to see. Here's what I shared in the week just past: