What previous participants say
What you'll learn
- How to get past the obvious and identify the real story that will become your script
- Vulnerability, intrigue, and more: The qualities that take TED talks viral
- What to leave out of your talk
- Structures and how much you can get into the shorter formats
- How to decide whether you benefit from using props, slides, or a demonstration
- Considerations that will help you plan for the video
- Top delivery tips specific to TED talks, from strong starts to gesture, pace, and vocalizing
Who should register
- want to give a TED talk, or a TEDx talk, or a TEDMED talk, OR just want to emulate them, shake up your speaking style, get beyond a standard informational PowerPoint presentation
- are intrigued by the idea of speaking without a lectern or notes, briefly and with impact
- wondering how you can get your complex topic into a form that advocates just one big idea per talk
- know, or suspect, that there's no one set format for TED talks...but don't know where to begin
How to register
Early registration is $724.00, a 25% discount. After October 30, registration at the full price is $965.00.
To get the early registration discount, please register by midnight Eastern US time on October 30, 2015. All registration closes when we reach full participation or December 31, whichever comes first.
Want a bespoke training program instead?
I've conducted this type of training for health care executives working for WellSpan Health in Pennsylvania; for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Aligning Forces for Quality projects in 16 cities around the U.S.; and for The Nature Conservancy's Science Impact Project. You can read more about how this mix of workshop and 1:1 coaching works in my post on Coaching a cadre of conference speakers to give TED-quality talks. For more information about such a program for your executives, email me at eloquentwoman AT gmail DOT com.
Please join us!
I'm looking forward to helping two more groups of speakers figure out this engaging way of communicating ideas, and hope you can join us. Please do share this information with colleagues and friends who may be interested. I hope to see you there!
(Creative Commons licensed photo by redonion_TEDx)
Got a panel coming up? Whether you're a conference organizer, speaker, or moderator, you'll have a better panel--and a sparkling discussion--if you plan with The Eloquent Woman's Guide to Moderating Panels. At just $3.99 in all ebook formats, it's like having a coach with whom you can prepare and bring on stage with you.