- Tick-tock: This author argues that your meetings need a timer to make sure everyone gets a chance to speak. Do you agree? Would you try this?
- Turn about's fair play: Women fight to attend and speak at mixed-gender conferences, but this conference organizer wonders why so few men show up to hear women speak.
- More like this, please: This male speaker used his Facebook feed to remind conference organizers that he won't view invitations to speak positively if the panels are all male.
- Did you miss? This week, the blog looked at a new video and forthcoming official guide to TED talks--a must-watch and must-read--and Famous Speech Friday marked 9 famous speeches by women on the environment, for Earth Day. The Moderating Panels blog looked at how to handle the long, off-topic question.
- About the quote: Wise words for eloquent women from the poet Emily Dickinson. Find more quotes like this one on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, April 25, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: