- Ease into speaking: Arnold McCuller, who sings with James Taylor, has developed an app to help singers and speakers warm up their voices.
- Imma let you finish: "Manterrupting" has been banned in at least one workplace.
- Speak up, scientists: Scientist Katharine Hayhoe, whose "elevator speech" on climate change is in The Eloquent Woman Index of Famous Speeches by Women, shared tips and advice for academic scientists on "getting out there" with public speaking. It's an honor to be among the resources shared!
- Did you miss? This week, the blog urged Dial it back, speakers: When you *don't* need extra emphasis, and Famous Speech Friday looked at Harriet Tubman's fable about colonizing slaves. The Moderating Panels blog made the case for moderator-led panels, aka those without presentations.
- About the quote: You are someone to say something, eloquent women! Find more quotes like these wise words from Emma Watson on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, May 2, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: