- How to stop hearing that self-critic: I have a sign in my office that says "Dear Brain, Please Shut Up," but you may find more useful this guide to meditation to tame your inner critic, so present for public speakers. There's audio--and sound advice--at the link.
- Who is this speaker? Using a personality test like the Myers-Briggs can be a smart way to learn more about yourself as a speaker, from how introverted you really are to your need for planning and preparation.
- Wow: TED's list of the 10 most popular talks of 2016 was released last week, and I'm proud to have coached Judson Brewer for his "A simple way to break a bad habit" talk. I'll have a post in January that breaks down what makes this such a good talk. Bravo, Judson!
- Did you miss? This week, the blog looked at 4 case studies from my work coaching groups of executives, often with a mix of group and 1:1 coaching, and Famous Speech Friday shared the post-impeachment speech of former Brazil President Dilma Rousseff.
- About the quote: Like many speakers, actor Lupita Nyong'o used a speech to talk about her fear of public speaking. Find more quotes like this one on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, December 19, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: