- From song to speech: Some of the speakers I coach use a playlist to focus right before a talk. They may be getting more benefits, says this piece on why music benefits the brain.
- Historic throat-clearing: The discovery of throat lozenges in some of the late British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher's suits prompted a discussion of her public speaking.
- In the wings: My last-minute tactics for a sterling presentation appeared on Ragan.com.
- Did you miss? This week, the blog looked at why you shouldn't load up your speech like a Christmas tree, and Famous Speech Friday shared South Korean President Park Geun-Hye's pre-impeachment speech.
- About the quote: From the great poet, Maya Angelou's "Phenomenal Woman," included in The Eloquent Woman Index.
Monday, December 26, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: