- Put some heart in that talk: A Reddit user charted heart rate during a presentation.
- A speaker coaching challenge: A speaker may be more experienced...yet have more bad habits to unlearn. A beginner may not have those mistaken tactics learned yet. These are big issues for me when I'm coaching youso it's helpful for any speaker to consider: What do you need to unlearn in your public speaking? Here are 3 ways to unlearn bad habits.
- If it happens to her... Here's a thoughtful piece on how Trump is trying to humiliate Clinton in the debates. And if you care about speaking up in meetings without manterruptions, this was the single best tweet during the last debate.
- The little pushback that could: Researchers have some tips on how you can confront offensive speech. The good news? It takes only a little pushback to put that back where it belongs. That's not to say you'll have solved the problem entirely, but it's a start.
- Did you miss? This week, the blog looked at a nifty new tool for your next meeting, to help you figure out precisely who's speaking more: Men or women?, and Famous Speech Friday offered Michelle Obama's powerful "Enough is Enough" speech about the election and harassment of women.
- About the quote: This hits the nail on the head for me. Find more quotes like this one on our Pinterest board of great quotes by eloquent women.
Monday, October 17, 2016
If you want to keep up with my wide-ranging reading list about women and speaking in real time, follow The Eloquent Woman on Facebook where these links are posted all week long--or just head here on Mondays, where I summarize them all for you. Either way, you'll be expanding your understanding of women and speaking: